The wine trader Louis SCHERER from Besançon was built a magnificent house, decorated with frescoes and with medallions, in 1537.
The most beautiful house of old Colmar, is built on a first floor at arches and surmounted of an elegant cut wooden gallery.
In the angle of the street of the Traders and of the street Haberdasher she is dressed in a magnificent loggia in the pyramidal roof.
This house was painted and renewed in 1577 by Claus Sattmann.
Acquired and renewed in 1840 by F. X. PFISTER.