Master Humbret, was probably the first builder of the collegiate Saint - Martin toward 1235.
Its yard started by the transept where " Maistres Humbret " let his name and his silhouette sculpted (he carries a T-square) in the curve of the portal south named portal " Saint - Nicolas ", floret of this building.
He would seem that master Humbret worked before in the yard of the cathedral of Strasbourg.
Since 1907, the township dedicated a street of the city, behind the station, to this builder.
The church, erected to the site of a previous building, is the most imposing Gothic building of Middle - Alsace.
The clocheton in the shape of Chinese hat that surmounts the tower replaces since 1572 the arrow collapsed following a fire.
Seat of a constitutional bishopric of the Haut-Rhin under the French Revolution, the collegiate had rank of cathedral.
Inside, the most interesting stained glass windows are over to the of the Silbermanns organs constructed toward 1770.