The new station of 1907 was endowed with stained glasses realized by the studio "KÜHN and GERRER" of Mulhouse. These stained glasses were completely destroyed by the explosion of a car of munition in 1944.
The waiting room of third class contained a supposed stained glass to represent Eguisheim's village and its three castles. On the registration " Drei Eren " (*) to the right, a woman tearing away heads of cabbages short of pickaxe is distinguished. As the inhabitants of "Wettolsheim" carry the nickname of "krütskopf " (head of cabbage), the journalists of time thought of an allusion to this municipality.
(*) Literal translation is " Three Ears " and not " Three Castles " as one tends too often to believe it.
The waiting room of second class contains a stained glass representing an ancient door of Colmar.
Finally, above the main entrance of the air terminal was a representing stained glass Sigfried taming horsepower.
In his " Professor KNASCHKE ", Jean-Wacques WALTZ alias HANSI write: " Without the benevolence of the artist who gave himself the punishment to explain his work, we would not maybe know that it symbolizes human force taming horsepower on a way in shape of bretzel, that symbolizes the continuance of it in the infinity. One will notice with which care of the originality the artist gave up the symbol of the horsepower become commonplace, and replaced him by the unpublished crocodile-vapor.
|Rare original stained glasses are still visible with the dresser of the station (current "Le Bacchus"
The photographs opposite make it possible to realize of the smoothness of the execution and the glare of the colors of these works.